Sunday, July 24, 2011

PnP Project

Well... it's not a project, anyway...
KC has a new partner. It's a workshop in Kedoya area. The name is Raser Workshop and the owner is Edward.
He's a good guy so that quickly he became a good friend of mine. His workshop is really good equipped, especially for machining works as his workshop also produces pumps for heavy industries. He's also a member of Suzuki Jip Indonesia, so that he knows Suzuki's engine well... at least much more better than me... hahaha...

Alright, so he offered me to have my engine PNP-ed. It stands for Porting and Polished. Actually it really a hand job... ooppsss... I mean handy works... *grin*
It fixes the bad porting as the engine was produced in the massive production, and also polishing the intake manifold so that the mixture of air and fuel coming from the carburetor could easily flows in to the combustion chamber.

I agreed , as I felt the performance of The Retro was degraded eventually. And it was proven when Edward uninstalled the cylinder head down. The pistons and the valves were full of combustion residue and slug.
The PnP works besides working in porting and polishing, also consist of cleaning the slug from the pistons and valves, and realign the valves. An extra job I ordered to do was the 3-angle valve job. It's like to 'carving' the cylinder head and the valve edge into a 3-angle profile, so that when the valve closed, it was really closed perfectly. I also modified the valve springs, so it would make the valves closed faster when the camshaft lobe releases it, especially in the high RPM.

It's too bad that I didn't have any pictures of the PnP working process.... :-(
I did this PnP in April 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment