Sunday, July 24, 2011

Inside Out...

In the mid of 2008, my family and Karimun Club (KC) buddies went to Anyer beach for KC's event "Jalan Jalan Karimun". It was totally fun, and made me proud to be KC family member. I really enjoy the event, especially it was  held exactly at my birthday... hehehehe...

At the event I saw one of member's car. It's been fashioned by applying leather seats. Wow... this is what's missing in my Retro. I had never been thinking about doing something in Retro's interior. But I was not in good financial shape at that time... well... should wait for some times...

But God really gave me the best wife in the world... She saw what I saw.. and she told me that she would take care of the leather seat for my birthday present... woohooooo....

Once more, I did some researches for the best seat color theme for my retro-style Karimun. Took a couple of days until I got this from the internet :


It's a retro Buick... or Chevy... well, I don't care... hahahaha... but the seats color scheme was so great...

On the next weekend I rushed myself to PADI Leather Seat workshop, at Joglo, Jakarta Barat. I took MB Tech Camaro semi-leather fabric for my seats. After a tough negosiation, I paid 2 mils rupiah for all seats and doortrims.

It only took 2 days, and my Retro had a new interior like these :

The front seat

The back seat

The doortrim details
And the whole things :


I have to testify that the leather work was a very high quality. Very neat and perfect. The MB Tech was fitted nicely in the Retro.

Looking at the very well job done by Padi, I decided to do some savings into my account to do the next interior job. What?? Yes, I wanted to have the whole interior to be finished in leather.... hahahaha... I know, I was getting addicted to pimp my Retro out....

No comments:

Post a Comment