Friday, July 22, 2011

An "Eye" Lift

Only about two months after the "Karimun Retro" was born, I got another idea...
I need to modify the head lamp. And when I went to Taman Puring, I found a used VW Combi mirrors... hmmm... it made me think... so hard...
Then by December 2007, I went to Nuris Sarni's workshop in Joglo, Jakarta Barat. He's specialized in lamp modification. When I came to him, he was so excited about my idea. What is it? It was to change the headlamp into an old-style VW Beetle... hahaha... VW again... so he made a aluminum-based lamp casing, and put a real VW round-shaped head lamp, complete with VW lamp cap. And not to forget, the VW Combi door mirrors.

Here's the works :



Now, my karimun retro has new looks... an eye lift... hahahaha....


and the "ear" lift.... :-D



And here's the full pose...


Ok.... done for now... would take months after this until I put some other modification to my karimun retro...

No comments:

Post a Comment