Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Other stuff is coming.... - The EDIS kit

Today I got a package on my desk. Wow, I thought it's the MegaSquirt, but it was not...

Actually this stuff is for my last project. Once I finished the overhaul and then carb-to-EFI conversion project, I will continue with direct ignition project. By installing a trigger wheel and camshaft sensor, and feeding the signal up to the MegaSquirt, it capables to drive a direct ignition system. In this case, I would not need a distributor anymore, making my engine to be a distributorless system.... hehehehe....

Based on some discussions by modification masters in some forums, including MS-forum and even 'modcom', I got a Ford EDIS kit on e-Bay for US$ 51.
It consist is of :

1. Ford EDIS 4 Module w/Pigtail and Mounting Plate
2. Coil Pack
3. 36-1 Trigger Wheel
4. Crank/VR Sensor
5.Plug Wires

Here's the stuff :

Ford EDIS-4 Module Kit

I don't know whether I could use the trigger wheel to fit to the crank pulley or not. But if it's not, I saw somebody replaced it with a motorcycle's sprocket, anyway... and it works...!! hehehe... so, no worries about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment