Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Land of Confusion

Hehehe... I quoted one of my favorite Genesis song... Land of Confusion...
Even I haven't started the EFI conversion project, I played around with the MegaSquirt.
Damn... it's complicated for such an EFI nubie like me.
Even since this is a completely open-sourced standalone ECU, and I was about to work on to such a small engine like Karimun's, I found almost nothing I could take as references in any forums discussing about EFI conversion projects.... *sigh*

For example, I have to put in the exact specification of the Suzuki Carry stock injectors I would use in my project. Where the hell I could get those kind of data???

Well, let's forget about it for a second. Now I'm playing with the MegaSquirt, connecting it to the MegaStim. It's a stimulator which will simulating signals coming from engines and the sensors. I could play with the rev, the temperature sensors, the O2 sensor, and even the Throttle Position Sensor. The MS is also connected to a laptop running the MegaTune tuning software. Simulating the VE tables, etc. Fun, indeed... hehehe...


MegaSquirt, MegaStim, MegaTune, and Marlboro... what a nice combination... :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment